The Wonder of Water: 6 Super-Powered Health Benefits of Staying Hydrated
In a world full of soft drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks, and coffee (so much coffee) it’s hard to convince ourselves to grab a drab bottle of water when the other options look so much tastier.
Not everyone struggles with drinking enough water (around 8, 8Oz cups per day) and if this is you, nice work! Read through these 6 great benefits of water and feel good about the fact that you’re getting all those boons from it!
But for those of us who struggle to drink enough, here’s what we’re going to do: list the 6 super health benefits of water to get you excited about downing more H20, then provide 3 tips to help you remember to get more into your routine!
6 super-powered health benefits of water for your body
From the inside, out, water helps to:
3 Tips to remember to drink more water
The trick to drinking more water is: keep things interesting. By making water intake feel like less of a chore, and more of a healthy habit, try these handy tips!
- Add some fresh ingredients:
- Fresh lemon, lime, raspberries, blueberries, mint, basil or cucumber – yum!
- Drink more herbal teas like peppermint, chamomile, ginger, rosehip, or rooibos
- Opt for a sparkling beverage instead of soda, or dilute those sugary drinks with lots of ice
- Increase the frequency:
- Drink an 8Oz cup of water before each meal
- Drink an 8Oz cup after each bathroom break
- Eat more water-rich foods such as cucumber, zucchini, grapefruit, watermelon, lettuce, celery, tomatoes, radishes, peppers, broccoli, spinach and more!
- Be strategic:
- Leave water bottles placed strategically around the house.
- Track your water consumption with an app, or you can even purchase a ‘smart’ water bottle that will track your progress for you.
- For every alcoholic drink you consume, be sure to match it with one 8Oz cup of water, as it will fight back against alcohol’s diuretic effects – keeping you hydrated, and helping you avoid a pesky hangover too!