4 Festive Nail Designs You Can Actually Do Yourself
Tis the season for everything festive – tinsel, glitter and all. From the tree, to your style, it’s time to get into the spirit. While the ‘ugly sweater’ trend still seems to be going strong, we prefer a more subtle way to enjoy the season – AKA festive nail paint! Though you can get some gorgeous, complex designs from a professional nail tech, this Christmas season we're taking matters into (and onto) our own hands.
So throw on a Christmas playlist, and pour yourself a tall glass of eggnog, because we’ve teamed up with Kayla’s Nail Loft to bring you some dazzling and festive nail art designs you can actually draw yourself!
We promise, no art degree required! ;)
3-Step Guide for DIY Christmas Nail Designs
Before you jump into painting your nails, ensure you have everything you need, including:
- Festive-colored nail paint
- A cuticle stick
- A small brush and nail dotter for detail work
Step 1: Prep your nails
While experimenting with different polishes is SO much fun, make sure you're taking proper care of your nails before you begin painting.
Prep your nails by:
- Washing your hands and cleaning out any hidden dirt, grime and bacteria to give you a clean, blank ‘cuticle-canvas’ to work with.
- Clipping and filing your nails to remove any rough edges that could catch and create those infamous hang-nails.
- Gently pushing back your cuticle with a cuticle stick to stimulate blood flow, and of course, to give you more nail surface to paint on.
- Watching the nail art videos below to GET INSPIRED!
Step 2: Polish and Play!
Check out each of the 4 festive nail designs below and discover how quick and simple it is to get those nails Christmas-ready! Choose your favorite design, one that really matches your personality, then grab your polish and go for it!
1. Christmas Tree Squiggle Nail Design
2. Snowflake Nail Design
3. Holly-Day Nail Design
4. Christmas Gift Bow Nail Design
Step 3: Protect your nails and moisturize your cuticles
Now that you're polished up and ready to show off those brilliant, festive new nails, the final step in protecting your nails is to moisturize and seal in your cuticles. Cuticle oil also helps to keep your nails healthy, flexible and strong!
- Apply cuticle oil such as Hair Love's Nourish + Repair Serum made from 100% Argan Oil. Argan oil offers a host of benefits for nails, as well as skin and hair! --> Read more about Why You Should Use More Argan Oil.
Enjoy festive, healthy nails this Holiday Season
We hope you enjoy your new nails, and that you’re met with a blizzard of compliments because of them! :) You should feel good about taking the proper time and steps to care for your nails as well as keeping them fresh, lovely and in the spirit of the season.
Just be careful with that ‘holly-day’ nail design… someone might mistake them for mistletoe and try to steal a kiss from you! ;)
Feature photo and all videos courtesy of Kayla's Nail Loft